Sunday 22 June 2014

Anenome Table


This was a table makeover which was one of my first forays into painting and distressing.  I learned lots of things along the way including: don't sand your finger it hurts, if you listen to a song on repeat for 5 hours in the open garage on a Saturday afternoon, the neighbours will despise you, and of course, don't eat yellow snow.


This is how the table started it's life, likely in the 1970's, I'm pretty sure my family had a table like this, which is in the happy background of my childhood Christmas pictures.  It was fugly then and nothing has changed obviously.  I picked it up for $5 at a Goodwill.  

Then I painted it with.....paint....and....crap I seriously can't remember what I did to make it look like this.  It may have been an experiment with home made milk paint, I know I did that once....


Whatever the case, I didn't like it so I repainted it...um..dark gray.  Sorry - I really did have all the paint colors and such information in my old blog (look to the sky and yell "WHYYYYYYYY??!!!").  But now it will have to do to use descriptive words like dark and gray.  pfft.




Well, obviously dark gray didn't satisfy me either so I painted it AGAIN.  This time....light..gray.  


Actually, I found this lovely paint swatch thingy which tells me I eventually landed on Behr's Gray Morning ha HA.  



Then I oh-so-seriously contemplated which color to use for the bird which I was going to stencil somewhere on it.  

A bunch of nice people lodged their vote as to the color for my bird.  

And I went ahead and ignored them all and stencilled a giant anenome on it instead. 





I used a stencil for it from Cutting Edge Stencils, which is the neatest online stencil provider.  They have all kinds of awesome things there.

I sold this baby in one day to a girl who loved it pretty fiercely.  I concurred this as I watched her stuff it into her van as fast as she could, breathing hard, as if I might change my mind and take it back.  Tee hee.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love for someone other than my mom to comment. That would be great.