Tuesday 3 June 2014

My Deleted Blog



This blog is for myself.  It is to motivate me to get projects done around my house.  However, if it is of any use to anyone, or if people want to laugh at my ineptitude, then they are welcome to.  There will be much self-mockery happening here.


I used to blog a few years ago.  My blog was called Wish Simple.  It was called Wish Simple because Simple Wish was already gone.  As was Wish Simply, and Simply Wishing, and any other combination you can think of that made any kind of sense.  So I was stuck with Wish Simple.  

I deleted my blog after a few months.  And I mean I deleted it completely and totally and irrevocably.  And now I have to have a new blog name because of my short sightedness. 


So here it is. 




(I actually live on several acres.  And although there are a few clumps of trees scattered about, it hardly qualifies as woods.  However,  "Treeless Acres" didn't have quite the same ring to it.  And besides, I spent a very long time sitting in front of the computer trying to find something that hadn't already been spoken for.)

I had a lot of posts I spent a lot of time on, on my last blog, and I'll never be able to recreate them so I'm not even going to try.  Instead I'm going to post my before and after pics of completed projects from the past as I work on my new ones.  

So here's one that was one of my very first ever posted projects.  It entailed painting a rocking chair I got from goodwill for $15. 

Before


 After

I used to have all the helpful paint colours, bitter, bitter, but now I have nothing.  nothing....  
I believe it may have been called polo blue, and I did have the foresight to paint it in an outdoor paint finish, (pat pat).


Honestly, I find this picture of the after rocking chair to be bleak and foreboding. Will someone rock?  Will someone roll?  Why is it so grey and gloomy if the sun is apparently shining?  Is it the dirty thirties dust bowl Kansas?  Why is that topiary tree so cheerful?  


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love for someone other than my mom to comment. That would be great.